HMRC Customer Service

HMRC Customer Service

0870 046 9501

Calls to 0870 numbers “calls cost 10p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge”

Call HMRC Customer Service number and save in memory

HMRC UK Operation Hours

Monday-Friday 8:00AM - 8:00PM
Saturday 8:00AM - 6:00PM4
Sunday ---


About HMRC

HMRC is the authority on tax in UK and is responsible for managing the public service funding money for assisting the individuals who need financial support. It is a non-ministerial department and was established by Act of Parliament in 2005. The responsibilities of this department include;
1. Safeguarding the money through collection, compliance and enforcement activities
2. Administering statutory payments
3. Helping families and individuals through payment of tax credits
4. Administering Child Benefit
5. Administering the government banking service

HMRC Customer Service

Those who wish to get in touch with the HMRC customer Service department can make use of the information provided below;
1. For general inquiries concerning child benefit the number is 0300 200 3100. For text-phone the number is 0300 200 3103. Those who reside outside UK can call +44 161 210 3086. The opening hours for these lines are from 8am to 8pm on Monday to Friday and 8am to 4pm on Saturdays
2. They can even write to the company at their postal address;
HM Revenue and Customs – Child Benefit Office, PO Box 1, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE88 1AA, United Kingdom
3. For general inquiries, concerning tax credit, the number is 0345 300 3900 while the text-phone number is 0345 300 3909. Those who are living outside UK can call on +44 2890 538 192
4. To post the queries and complaints the address to be used is;
HM Revenue and Customs – Tax Credit Office, Preston PR1 4AT United Kingdom

5. The customers can also visit the commonly asked question section of the website
6. For VAT general inquiries the telephone number is 0300 200 3700. The text-phone number is 0300 200 3719. Those outside UK can use the number +44 2920 501 261
7. For employer general inquiries the telephone number is 0300 200 3200. The text-phone number is 0300 200 3212, the fax number is 0191 2854332
8. The postal address for the same purpose is;
HM Revenue and Customs – Customer Operations Employer Office BP4102 Chillingham House Benton Park View, Newcastle NE98 1ZZ United Kingdom
9. The deaf/hard of hearing can use a text-phone to contact HMRC by text relay by dialing the text relay service prefix number 18001 followed by the HMRC telephone number
10. Alternatively they can also arrange a meeting in person by using the online tool of Arranging an HMRC appointment online
11. The customer service support can also be reached through the social media links like;
a) Twitter –
b) YouTube –
c) Flickr –

HMRC Customer Service tips

Those individuals who are getting in touch with the HMRC Customer Service have to remember a few things which include;
a) They should be aware of the call charges
b) When contacting HMRC for child benefit the callers should keep their NIC number on hands
c) The best time for tax credit inquiries is between 8.30am and 10.30am, and 2pm to 4pm, Tuesday to Thursday
d) When sending a complaint by post write “complaint’ on the envelope
e) Only authorized person will be able to discuss claims


HMRC is the authority on tax in UK and is responsible for managing the public service funding money for assisting the individuals who need financial support. It is a non-ministerial department and was established by Act of Parliament in 2005.HMRC contact number

HMRC Customer Service
3 (60%) 4 votes

HMRC Customer Service Service providers Annoying you?
Share with us the experience of the HMRC Customer Service customer service (waiting times, courtesy, Professional, etc.), New Discounts of customer retention promotions, valuable tips for the benefit of the customers.

12 Responses to HMRC Customer Service

  1. f.w. steppe says:

    Who can I contact if I have inquiries about an A1?


    F.W. Steppe

  2. Andrew Robinson says:

    In the top 10 of my favourite posts, thankyou!


    I have a letter from HM Revenue&Costums Newcastle, NE98 1ZZ, and I don’t know how shall I be in touch with them!

    Thank you,

  4. Martin Anthony Forster says:

    Dear sir/madam will I have to purse my tax return as I did last year ?, do you work alphabetically from A-Z because my surname is Forster? My reason for sending this email is the only phone I’ve got is a mobile and it cost 35p a minute to call you, and it is very difficult for me to write to you as I am dyslexic & email is so much easier to send before I had a spell check on iPhone,can someone help me by phone if possible if not by email, contact details 07 500 246419 sorry mobile only know land line:Mr.Martin Anthony Forster,Flat 7,Block 2,Churchfields,margate,Kent,CT9-1PA, Nat Ins : YT189102A,DOB: 01/03/1955 thank you.

  5. John W K parr says:

    I live and work in Vientiane. I have lived overseas for the past 26 years. I am trying to find my lost National Insurance number. I filled in the form, posted it to HMRC and have received nothing back. This was two months ago. Can you tell me who I should contact in Newcastle

  6. Peter B says:

    Hi..! I applied for U1 Form and it`s over 40 days and i have no answer. Who can i contact?

  7. Jana C says:

    Hi, I applied for U1 Form and I received just my original dokuments. It´s over 40 days. Can you tell me who I should contact?

    • Ramona Alina Indrei says:

      Hi, Did you receive finaly U1? I. Waiting for the same document and didn’ come is around one month😔What can i do??

  8. Raymond Owens says:

    you have sent a second letter to me addressed to miss emma camps.she does not live here and i have never heard of her.

  9. Laura says:

    Please advise the email address for HMRC Tax Credit Office team.

  10. Lol says:

    I am trying to claim for widening access scheme the Trust i work for are really not being clear on what evidence or criteria should be used. I have been told conflicting information. People working for a different trust but that are doing the same job as me/course have already got money back paid for this year. Also people last year from my trust on the same course and same trust/job as me got back pay. Can you help by giving clear criteria for me to follow

  11. David Haighton says:

    Please advise dept address for under payments to HMRC in respect of income tax.I received a demand, with no payment slip or return address.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *